Export from BrainStorm to a Word Outline [Superseded]

tips and hints on using BrainStorm with other programs

Moderators: david, OG, Galen

david
Staff

Post by david » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:43 am

PS Don't forget to change your security level back.

PPS Once you've set this up, it's just a case of selecting File\New and using the bsw.dot template. No need for all that faffing around moving the macro into the Normal.dot file.
David Tebbutt

HPG
Registered member

Post by HPG » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:01 am

Thanks a bunch, David: it works perfectly. It was the precise sequence that was tripping me up: the program's "help" file instructions seem to be saying that one should go through the business of finding the macro before opening a document with the BSW.dot template. And it was extremely helpful to have the very precise instructions about what to do with the macro organizer, which is a pretty obscure beast unless you're familiar with Word macro management.

Could I suggest that the instructions you've just posted would be a great addition to the program's "help" file?

david
Staff

Post by david » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:13 am

Well, I'm glad it worked okay. Thanks for the feedback. And, yes, I think you're right about the Help File.
David Tebbutt

david
Staff

Post by david » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:06 pm

We've silently upgraded the Help file as per your suggestion. Anyone downloading BrainStorm now gets the new information about Word. The new Help also corrects a couple of keyboard shortcuts where the key and its description were transposed to the wrong columns.
David Tebbutt

HPG
Registered member

Post by HPG » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:20 pm

Wow. If only other software developers were so responsive. Thanks!