Brainstorm not auto-loading last program

Need help? Can't find the answers elsewhere? Ask away...

Moderators: david, OG, Galen

Derek Cornish
Registered member

Brainstorm not auto-loading last program

Post by Derek Cornish » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am

I have a slightly different problem to the one mentioned by HPG on Fri Mar 10, 2006.

Even after ticking the "auto-load last model" box in Preferences, Brainstorm still loads a new blank file instead of the last one I was using. This means I have to close it, then open up the one I want.

I'm still a bit of a newbug so there's probably something elementary that I am doing wrong, missing, or misunderstanding...

But what is it? :-)

Thanks,

Derek

david
Staff

Post by david » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:40 am

Are you on a network by any chance?

Sometimes you aren't allowed to get at the Windows folder and that's where the recent filenames are stored.

If this is the case, it's best to uninstall BrainStorm then reinstall it using the 'alternative location' option. You can still use the 'Program Files' location but, this time, all will be well.

Please write again if you have problems. And feel free to email me directly - I will probably be able to respond more quickly.
David Tebbutt

Derek Cornish
Registered member

Post by Derek Cornish » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:29 am

David,

Brilliant - as my son says. It worked a charm. I'm not really on a network, unless you count the pna lashup that gets me to our cable modem/router. But whatever the problem was, moving Brainstorm to the root directory solved it.

Season's Greetings, too, from cold but sunny Wichita.

Derek

david
Staff

Post by david » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:09 pm

Sorry about the delay - been travelling from sunny California to wintry England. Glad it all worked out.

Season's greetings.
David Tebbutt